Due to popular demand the Village Day Grand Competition will be back this year hosted by The Toll House Store & Café. Celebrating the crafters, growers and bakers of Lindfield, the event, which will be given a Toll House makeover with afternoon tea and more, offers a chance to show off local talents in a wide range of categories, with special competitions for children. Guest judges will decide who receives rosettes in the following categories
Home Baking and Preserves
• A Carrot Cake – your favourite recipe for this delicious popular classic
• Six Butterfly Cakes – another family favourite, marks will be awarded for presentation and taste!
• Cheese Straws – Yum!
• A Jar of Jam or Chutney
• A Bottle of Homemade Wine, Beer or Liqueur
• Rocky Road – go traditional or invent your own version of this delicious treat
• Any Homegrown Vegetable or Fruit
• A Single Rose in a Vase
• My First Potatoes of 2016
• Flower Arrangement – a table decoration for afternoon tea
• A miniature garden on a plate
Art and Craft
• Handmade Jewellery – any medium, from buttons and paper to fabric or gold!
• A Hat - knitted, crocheted, recycled, the choice is yours
• Sunset Over Lindfield – a piece of artwork using any medium
• Recycled Flip Flop – using one or both of a pair and any medium to create a sculpture, picture or artwork
• Lego Model – an original piece of construction
Register your entry at The Toll House Store & Café, Lindfield High Street by Wednesday 1st June. Find out more information by popping into the store.